Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Play Date Cafe





I had some time to play along at The Play Date Cafe again this week. As you can see by the first picture, the colors this week are "fire" red, white, and black. I'm using any excuse to make Christmas cards these days, so here's another. I stamped the santa and reindeer image (Stampin' Up) and then ran it through my CB using the Sizzix snowflake folder. I punched the tree border on a second piece of white cardstock and then embossed it (up to the "tree line") with my Swiss Dots folder. I cut Santa using my Cricut and the Christmas Solutions cart on plain white cardstock and colored him with Prismas and OMS. I cut "BELIEVE" with the DJ cart. I added another little StudioG stamp and a corner (EK Success punch). I think that's about it.

15 comments:

  1. Kris ~ What an outstanding creation for the PDCC! This is just terrific...so glad to have you play along once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! You really nailed this one. It's fabulous. I love what you've done with the embossing folders. So creative, so talented! hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card.. I LOVE the embellisments and the embossing is a wonderful touch...great job..Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe.. HUGS

    Ps-I still have some free Digi Stamps on my blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the two different embossing folders and combined the stamp and cricut together..great ob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kris, this is FANTASTIC, love that photo corner, and the shadow behind Santa, and the embossing, well girlie, just great. Thanks so much for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Christmas card, Kris! Love that Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embossing - fabulous, and I WANT that Santa stamp now!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great take on the challenge. I love red, white and black and your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this really pops Kris. Fab work as always,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling Kris! Fabulous job on Santa and don't you just love DonJuan? xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kris, love the texture produced with the :)cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Kris - it really stands out. Love all the different textured layers you have created too.
    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kris another magical card! I love the sentiment on the stamp! Absolutely stunning all of it!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.