Sunday, May 16, 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

I went and played with my card-making buddies yesterday and actually got some cards made! We are usually too busy catching up and laughing to get much done. I had some Penny Black images already stamped (actually I think one was a gfit from my friend Debbie in NY) so I decided to kill two birds with one stone...make my weekly card for Mom and Dad and enter the PB Saturday Challenge. The theme this week is flowers. There are a ton of PB stamps that have flowers so if you want to play along it would be easy to pick an image, use the link to your right, and enter. I colored this one with Prismas and OMS. Now you're going to ask me where I got the "letter" paper. Well, I can tell you where I got it (from my BFF's sister) and when I got it (2 summers ago) but where to credit it - who knows? I was an old 8 1/2 x 11 piece of scrapbooking paper...circa late 1990's. The kind you hoard and save for just the right card. The other paper is Making Memories and the sentiment is cut with my Cricut using the Sentimentals cartridge. I did cut the image and mat with Nesties, used my Fiskar's "bracket" border punch and added some little die-cut flowers and antique mini brads. I think that's it for this one. I'll be back later with my Mom's birthday card.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a lovely card, I love the paper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet Kris and I bet Mom and Dad look forward to their weekly card...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card and such a cute image. I hope all is well on your side of the pond. luv Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute, I love the image. Glad you got some time to play :) Your coloring is great too :)
    Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the paper with the sentiment, it's perfect with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched you make this card and it soooo cute. The letter - the paper, it came together so perfectly. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Kris! And that background paper couldn't be more perfect! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.