Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Thrifty Start to 2011

A belated Happy New Year to everyone. I haven't posted in over 2 months and 2010 ended almost as hectic as it began. I'm looking forward to a much better 2011 and here is my first personal challenge of the year. I like to buy the thank-you or general note cards sets at Michael's that are found in their $1 bins. I often do this with small or square sizes as it typically gives me 8 envelopes of a non-standard size for a really good price. I usually chuck the cards right into the trash can. I bought this set last week and as I was getting ready to pitch them I thought, "why don't you see what can you with them?". I've first shown the card as purchased and then what I've done with 4 of them. Hope you like the concept.


Here is a Magnolia (Tilda) stamp - sentiment from Hero Arts

Here is a Pure Innocence digi-stamp with a sticker sentiment



Another Magnolia stamp - sentiment from PrintWorks

Another Pure Innocence digi-stamp - sentiment from Hero Arts

Thanks for checking in and I hope to re-start my card-making, blogging journey in earnest soon.




9 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Welcome back!!! Have missed you tons. Was thinking about you today and how we haven't touched base in quite some time...miss you girl!!! Hope all is well What a beautiful card..unfortunately can't read what you wrote because the lettering is in yellow on a white background

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, these look absolutely fab, you won't throw these away again, I bet. love all of them, Happy new year to you Kris, all the best,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, it was so good to talk to you yesterday...I love what you did with the purchased cards. Actually I buy the Michael's bin cards a lot, I add a little bling and die cut and they make fast and simple gift packs. I LOVE your card making return ...
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with them, great imagination and they went from pretty cards to amazing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I may have to run to Michael's and pick up some of these!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...how creative! You really did an awesome job dressing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kris these are great, hard to believe you made 4 differnet ones and to think you were going to pitch them.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see you back creating! And WOW, what a brilliant idea! I've often wondered what I'd do with some of those because the backgrounds are often adorable but I couldn't bring myself to send a prefab card. Now I'm gonna look twice for sure! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! THis is such a good idea and I've have never have known but for seeing the 'original'!!

    Hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.