Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just me...

Well we're back from out trip to Albuquerque to see our niece graduate from Pharmacy school.  We had a great time and Bill got to catch up with his sisters.  The ceremony was long but worth it to see our niece become a Doctor of Pharmacy.  We learned all about "hooding" where each new Dr. has someone of their choosing place the hood over their head (you know, it's that collar thing that goes around the neck over the gown-I had no idea).  Also each graduate handed the announcer a piece of paper saying what they were going to do.  The main theme was their job (Target, Walgreen's CVS, etc.); ending with the statement that they were going to save the world-LOL!  I think they must have all gotten together and decided that would be their mantra.  Anyway we've decided that having a Doctor in the family that can dispense legal drugs is the best!

On to a card for today.  This is something kind of different for me.  I look at magazines and marvel at how these designers can put together 2-3 papers, simple embellies, and a sentiment and make it look so polished so this is my effort.  The photo is kind of dark but you get the idea.


Supplies:
Card: Premade from DCWV (a box I've had forever!)
Patterned paper: K&Company
Sentiment: TPC Studio
Tools: Flower-MS punch, Branch-Sizzix

If you're here please leave a comment - it really brightens my day.

3 comments:

  1. You aced this... that little challenge you put upon yourself by looking at some other designers!!!.... love the colors on this card and I love the 3 shining designs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the colors are so differnet for you, Carole is right you ace it.
    You make it look so easy using 3 patterns.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge congrats to your niece and to you for this card. IKWYM about what I call "assembling" cards. Really tough for me too, but this is just gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.