Saturday, June 11, 2011

What a week!

This has definitely been a trying week.  It all started last weekend when we discovered that we would have to purchase a new garage door.  We knew it was coming, but you're never really prepared, right?  We've had 2 panels replaced and metal braces put on and it was just time.  Oh btw, those braces were only suppose to last for 2 years and we got 5 more years...so who am I to complain?  Then last Saturday night our home computer was totally infected with some vicious malware.  A lot of the hard drive is trashed but I am having one of the IT guys from work come over next week to see what he can salvage.  So on top of buying a new garage door (which does look beautiful btw) we had to buy a new computer.  I mean the other one was 8 years old and really kind of outdated but I would have preferred to do it when I wanted to do it, not when some stupid virus decided to take over.  Oh well, enough of the rant.

I do have some great, exciting news to share.  I've been putting this off because I've felt that maybe I've been the jinx the last 3 times.  Every time I make my daughter-in-law a card announcing that Liam's going to have a brother or sister something goes terribly wrong.  Well, Heather is doing great and Liam's going to have a baby brother in the fall.  I wanted to make something really special so I decided to really put my Gypsy to the test and make a shaped card.  I have now learned how to flip and weld (to make the base) and hide contours (what a great feature!).  As usual, I used a lot of different cartridges and had a ball making this.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections (M's)
Patterned Paper: Prima, DCWV
Cricut Images: Baby (Stretch Your Imagination), Duck Applique (Wall Decor), Banner (Mother's Day 2010), Coming Soon (Cricut Office Help)
All shading was done with pastels

I certainly hope I've waited long enough to make this.  We've know for quite a while that she's pregnant so we're thrilled to await the arrival of new grandson.  Hugs to everyone...Kris

6 comments:

  1. Love the announcement and I'm so excited. I'll keep her in my thoughts, prayers, and reiki.

    Ratty about the garage door and the computer all at the same time! While I was in NY with my niece and sister my OH (old husband) ordered us two new desktops. HP all-in-ones! 20" monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. No tower! LOVE IT! Hope you like yours as well. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you've really had a heck of a week! It seems like when it rains, it pours. A big congratulations to you and your family. Your card is precious. The baby is so life like. Hope the week ahead goes better for you...enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a week...but take a deep breath, it's over... Congratulations on your good news..you must be soooo excited..

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kris, boy you really did get your moneys worth with the Gypsy this time.
    Congradulations on a very big anouncement for all of you.
    Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! What a precious card! A huge congrats to you and yours! WooHoo! Sorry about your week, though. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious card... big congrats on that baby news.... I replaced my garage door last year but I was totally pleased that I now have a articulated door instead of one that swings out. So sorry about the computer problems.... Let's just say that from here on out you will have wonderful days and no problems.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.