Friday, May 24, 2013

UNITY FWF

Woo-Hoo!!! Time for Unity Stamp Company's Friends with Flair.  I've gotten addicted to looking at all of the fabulous creations everyone posts using their Unity stamps.  I alway see several things that I want to reinvent in my own way and I'm thankful for the inspiration.  I made two cards this week and couldn't decide which one to show so I'm going to put both in this post.  I'm going to be gone for the next three weeks so why not?

First up is one of my favorite illustrators - Phyllis Harris.  I've combined quite a bit of Unity on this card.  I have the polaroid frame from the insta-cute set, the Phyllis Harris image from the face the sunshine set, and the sentiment from the November 2010 KOTM.  I've also added a Simon Says Stamp diecut (ABSOLUTELY) and some pink and black floss.  As usual, I've colored with whatever is handy...sky is pastels, skin tones are Copics, and the rest is Prismacolor pencil.






















Next up is one of my favorite combinations...heat-embossing with white on kraft.  I stamped and heat-embossed the Ann Butler 2" Stripes.Dots.Hearts. on kraft cardstock (I used Versamark ink with some snow white powder from Michaels).  I die-cut them into hexagons (tip: you can die-cut heat-embossed images and not lose the embossing by placing a sheet of low-quality i.e., thin and cheap computer paper between the image and the die).  Repeat the same stamp/emboss process for the butterfly and trim it closely.  Stamp/emboss the sentiment directly on the card.  Both the butterfly and the sentiment are from the May 2013 KOTM.  Pretty simple.  Hope you enjoy your long weekend.








18 comments:

  1. Two great cards! I love the image on the first card with her hair blowing in the wind! It just makes me feel calm and relaxed! I'm wild about hexagons and love the white on kraft in your 2nd card! Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kris, both cards are so pretty!! Love the PH card especially - your colouring is beautiful, and love the polaroid frame. The white embossing on your second card looks great on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pretty for both of them but I gotta admit that I love love love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest little sunflower girl with so much detail. And I think the butterfly design is stunning the way you embossed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous but my fav is the first ! What a lovely idea on using the girl in a Polaroid frame .. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both cards. I really like the white and kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards they both super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris, what a DARLING first card! So many LOVELY details! AND, white embossing on kraft is always SO striking! (I love using "kraft"!)
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first card is beautiful but I have to admit that the second one blew me away - the look you achieved is FANTASTIC! I've got to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both card are absolutely picture perfect, Kris! But that white on Kraft with that butterfly is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... Love both cards. Specially love the coloring i the first card and the colors themselves. And love the sentiment on the second one... reminds me a song. And yes, I'm also kind of addicted FWF. When I have to miss it, I'm really stressed. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cards are really beautiful I love the coloring on the first

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love the tip about the cheap paper when you diecut too. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards! Love the girl in the Polaroid. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cards....especially the butterfly one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Job! two superb cards! Nice coloring & LOVE the whit embossing on the kraft

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards, Kris! I do like the way the white is popping on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.