Wednesday, October 14, 2015

5 for 5 for Halloween...STENCILS



Welcome to Day 4 of our 5 for 5 Halloween Blog Event. Today our theme is "Stencils". We are all sharing a project using stencils. If you've missed any of the previous days, be sure to scroll down on the designer's blog to view their creations for the other themes.  Some are offering prizes, so be sure to visit all the links below and leave comments.
 
Here is my card featuring "stencils".

 

I only used one stencil...the random dots from Hero Arts with three colors of distress ink (seedless preserves, shabby shutters, and spiced marmalade).  I blended the ink onto some watercolor paper, lightly at first and then progressively darker.  I die-cut a frame (WPlus9) and mounted the watercolor panel behind it.  I adhered this to a lightly sanded patterned paper card base (DCWV) with foam tape.  I embossed the sentiment (Unity) on black cardstock and cut a fishtail flag.  Last (but not least) those random dots were just calling our for some wiggly eyes.
 
Here's the list of the other 4 girls participating.
 
 
 
I hope you'll return tomorrow for our last day of inspiration when our theme is "Witches".

4 comments:

  1. Eeeek!!! I got in on the Halloween 5 for 5 late....so I am doing this backwards. So excited to see what you gals have made.
    Love your super fun and creative card. What a great idea to use googly eyes with a circle stencil.....Wizardry! Ha. Thanks for sharing!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP coming up Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute.. love the wiggly eyes amongst those colorful random dots !

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.