Thursday, February 8, 2018

February Blog Hop

WOO! HOO! It's February and time for the monthly Unity blog hop.  The artists have been busy creating fabulous new images and sentiments and FIVE of them are releasing today!
 
I've had a bit of time to play and have some inspiration for YOU.
 
First up is a punny new set from Angie Blom called Wish You Were Beer.  Isn't that clever?  I colored this image with distress markers and used a lot of 3 different colors of Ranger Stickles for the foam.  Added a couple of pieces of washi tape and that's it!  You know me...it's all about easy!
 
 
Secondly I have an sadly adorable owl from Tierra Jackson - Owl So Sad which is just perfect for those sympathy cards (that sadly, we're owl-ways needing!).  I used my new Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray and a MFT starry night stencil to get the stars in the background, over which I used distress oxide ink and viola! the starts appeared.  Cool effect, huh?  I sat the sad little owl on a die-cut branch and highlighted the sentiment beneath him.
 
 
Lastly, but honestly my favorite image of this release (come on, we all have favorites, right?)  - Promise Always {again} from Tierra Jackson.  I HAD to make this a very senior couple as they reminded me of my dearly-departed Mom and Dad.  This one is done with Prismacolor pencils on kraft cardstock.  I only used 5 colors on this as I'd rather build up layers of one color to create depth, shadows, and highlights.
 
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed my little bit of inspiration and now it's time to journey on and leave all the design team members participating today a little bit of love and encouragement.
 
Image may contain: text
 
Here's the list:
 
 
You should have arrived here from Kary's blog and now it's time to move on to Lisa.
 
Just don't forget what we always say...HOP, then SHOP!
 
Have a fabulous week.
 
 
 
 

37 comments:

  1. Lol loving the beer image and quote. Gorgeous cards and I've fallen in love with that cute little owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post with so much creativities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at a brewery so just love any set with a beer theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! I see a Unity order coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, so fun... your coloring is wow. I see more practice in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha-Ha the Beer!!!! OMG I love that stamp!!! Definitely need to add that to my wish list!!! I have WAY TOO MANY FRIENDS that would love getting that card...LOL The Owl card is beautiful, the colors and background, very nice!!! The old couple, at first I didn't think I would ever use something like that since I grew up without grandparents, but the more I see the design team's creations with it, I must have it!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you colored this only using 5 colors. I think I am going to challenge myself to do something like that, maybe it will help my coloring skills. Love the cards,,,great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards, I'm ordering the older couple, the beer came alive
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris, love your cards, the older couple is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful release and your cards are gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the simplicity of your Beer card. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I husband will Need that Beer stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the branch you used for the sweet Owl. The sky background is amazing too.
    I really love the glow you added to the couple on the kraft. What an impact that makes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to play too. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sad owl is so adorable, your cards are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards Kris! I especially love the owl... so soft looking the way you colored him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The owl is my most favorite.....beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice cards, especially the old couple.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the stickles for the foam, and your coloring on all of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really love your couple card. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wish you were beer....bahahaha..love that card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards and I like the tip about using one color and building the highlights and shadows from that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your coloring! Your cards are awesome! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us, as well as the coloring tip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards. I love the punny beer set. And love your coloring, patterns, and designs. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Promise Always is my favorite kit also!! Beautiful coloring!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your coloring is amazing...love the moon with owl....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the coloring for the older couple!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely love how you did the beer card, Kris. All of your cards are awesome but that one just grabbed my taste buds! Love your work, friend...xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job with the beer! Such a funny card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your cards as always! Beer was enticing, but I love the colored pencils on Kraft! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The always card is outstandingly presented.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.