Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Unity Birthday Blog Hop

Image may contain: text

This is one very special occasion today!  It's Unity's 10th birthday celebration. I've seen most of what the design team has created for you and I think you're going to be blown away by all of the samples - each and every one a masterpiece from Angie Blom.

  This first one is the Feel the Freedom kit. I took just the word free and scattered a few of them around after stamped the feather.  I smooshed on some distress inks then die-cut the image with a stitched rectangle die.  I added a piece of washi tape and mounted the sentiment with foam tape on top of that.  Lastly I added some Nuvo crystal drops to the heart at the top of the feather.
 
 

My second one is the Obsessed With Floral background stamp.  I stamped it and die-cut it with a stitched scalloped rectangle die.  I then smooshed some distress ink on the panel. I added a die-cut sentiment, that cute little bee, and some black Nuvo drops for the flower centers.  I could make so many of these quickly...vary the color, change the die-cut sentiment (or stamp one on another diecut), and use a different embellishment.



 

I've switched gears a bit for the next two,  This is the Focus on the Things kit.  The image and sentiment are on kraft cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I added some Nuvo Crystal drops to the camera lens for shine and dimension and a few star sequins ('cause you gotta have an embellishment or two!).
 
 
Last is my favorite image from the birthday release.  This is the You Are Forever Beautiful kit.  Again, the image and sentiment are on kraft cardstock.  I VERY CAREFULLY "painted" the image with distress oxide ink using a teeny little paint brush. Then I added some accents with a white Prismacolor pencil and some tiny coordinating sequins.
 


I hope you've enjoyed my little bit of inspiration and now it's time to journey on and leave all the design team members participating today a little bit of love and encouragement.
 
Image may contain: text

Here's the list of the design team members hopping tonight.  You should have come from Kary's blog and now you're on to Lisa.


 
Don't forget our motto...hop then shop!

51 comments:

  1. Love your amazing and wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft white looks great on the pink flower. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful creations! Thanks for creating and sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ink smooshing! It's my favorite technique. I want to try my prismacolors on kraft but I haven't made time to for it...yet! Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning. I love your colors, patterns, and designs. Just lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea to use one word from the sentiment in your background design. very inspiring! the shiny camera lens is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the camera card, great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'd sure love to have those pink roses in my garden - sooo pretty! And I love both pencils and w/c on kraft. You have that mastered. :-) All of your cards are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all, but oh those 'Beautiful' flowers on kraft! I have ordered the kit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love, I have a soft spot for the cards made out of kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Love the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning .... those peonies look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeosu cards, I love the flower one!!! And about the mooto, i shopped first, lol, then hopped!! The new release is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that first one, the "Feel" card!!! All are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the feather and flower done on craft paper the colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw your feather card, I thought "FEEL the tickle"! hee, hee. My favorite is the camera..I seem to be drawn to that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing work! All your cards are wonderful! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kris, these cards are gorgeous. I almost ordered the camera kit. It looks like it will be on my next order. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful cards, Kris, and I am FEELing it! Love the FEATHER card!!! You are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. White Prismacolor over the Distressed oxide watercolor...what a great effect for the 'You Are Forever Beautiful kit'! I think the clear Nuvo Drops used to make the shiny lens is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Each of your cards are gorgeous but I am partial to the direct colouring on Kraft CS. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. all your cards are terrific!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Kris, this has been fun visiting everyone and I love the color combo you have used on all these exciting stamps. Lots of inspiration today. Thanks for the fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. Baautiful cards, Kris! I especially love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty cards. I like the glossy heart on top of the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful cards! So pretty!
    Marlyn Rojas
    marlynrojas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's hard to choose a favorite, but the purple and kraft floral card at the bottom might be it. I would like to try the Oxide technique you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm loving the different takes on each stamp! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card ~ the last I'd have to say is my favorite. I admire anyone that can color on kraft! Beautiful work and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh boy!! Your cards are awesome! Love the pastels!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cards Kris! I especially love the shine of the lens of the camera card and the great paper you paired with it and you subtle coloring in the flower card... so pretty!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards! I love the black and yellow Obsessed with Florals card. The color combination is stunning! I like your idea of making multiples of it in different colors (although I'd probably make a few more yellow ones, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  33. I especially like the yellow back ground flower one....my Unity fun money has dried up!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card designs. Every time I see that camera I fall in love all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love seeing cards on kraft backgrounds. They are just so elegant. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your creations Kris!I need to get these Unity Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your style, Kris! The kraft cards really caught my eye this time. Thanks for some great ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Great cards. Not a feather person. But you all make them look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Nuvo heart is inspired!! But I'm so in love with your camera. The papers, the colors and your coloring!!!! Seriously, I can hardly wait to try it out myself!!!! Thanks for the great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your background on the feather card is gorgeous! Beautiful creations.
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your camera card with the rich yellow gold color. It looks awesome on kraft paper - I need this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the "Forever Beautiful" kit on the kraft card...stunning! Love your bumble bee on the floral, too! Nice smooshed background.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Loving the images stamped on the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fantastic cards! All so beautifully executed and such wonderful tributes to Unity's 10th Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely use of color! I'll be back to borrow ideas for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.