Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chirper Challenge Cartridge Exploration

The Chirper Challenge is only twice a month so Jackie (our team leader) decided that it would be fun to do some cartridge exploration in the off weeks. This month we're looking at the cartridges that come with your Cricut (GBS, PS, or DJ). I took the opportunity to show what you can do with the negative cut. I had cut the sentiment "miss you Mom" some time ago using the Roly Poly font. I liked the arrangement of the words (I was probably trying to save an inch of paper-LOL!) so I saved the piece. I cut the shape out with my Nesties (Labels2-one of my new favs) and a larger one for the mat. I also cut some flowers from PS (numerous sizes) and layered them up. I added some MS punched butterflies (some doodling on the wings) and punched some smaller flowers from coordinating paper (My Mind's Eye). Please join us and link your idea HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kris. I always save stuff but never get around to using it. This is just the inspiration I need. Your work always inspires me. thanks for sharing.

    eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kris, Mom is going to love this.. that is also one of my new favorite nesties

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fresh pretty color scheme Kris! I never think to use the negative and it's sooo effective! Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.