Sunday, July 12, 2009

Penny Black Challenge - Swirls

Oh I was so excited after I saw the "swirl" qualification for this week's challenge. I just came across this paper in my stash last week and I just had to use it! I know it's only July and it's about 102 degrees outside right now (yes, at 6:00pm!) so Halloween doesn't even seem close, but! it had to be done. The paper is K&Company and the stamp is called "Feline Count". I colored him with Prismas and OMS and matted him on some Nesties (Labels2). I added some Cricut (of course) - a purple swirl from Stamping Solutions and the title from PS (Roly Poly feature). I used my CB to emboss the little bat (Coordinations paper sanded) and then cut and mounted him with Nesties. I added a bit of doodling and some gold self-adhesive rhinestones.

17 comments:

  1. OMG that is the cutest stamp! I love your halloween cards! I know how you feel about the heat - it's been 110-115 up here in Phoenix and no sight of the monsoon anywhere. My husband and son are heading down to Tucson for a little fun this week - I'm jealous - I have to stay here in the heat and work (at least I'll be inside).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, this is such a great card! I love absolutely everything about it ... and that kitty is just too cute.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi... this card is so funny!!!...and beautiful!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all, especially that crazy little bat. It's an adorable card.

    eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute for words Kris! I'm a Halloween (and kitty) nut so any time is a great time for spooky cards in my opinion. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Kris this is fabulous, love the spooky kitty.. gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Kris. I love that paper. The stamp is adorable. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo cute Kris, I love that paper you used, perfect for the challenge
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just awesome and the colours just screem halloween. Great Job

    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the challenge Kris and the stamp is so cute...
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tooooo stinkin' cute this is. Oh my....
    And BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog to play along with the Cutting Cafe Giveaway.
    Lots of luck now...
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. a fantastic card, wonderful image and detail. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love this! Halloween cards are my favourite and the stamp and sentiment are fab! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. supercute little stamp and the card is just great, my little mo would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic Card Kris, love the image and the colours you have used. Congratulations.....Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss all these adorable creations. Love this Vampire Cat

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.