Saturday, July 4, 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge Fruit

I loved the challenge presented this week by one of everyone's fav's, Enfys. I've been wanting to do this ever since I saw this saying on LL. I cut the ice cream cone from DC - full cone (regular and shadow @ 4.75") and the same with just the ice cream. I used my CB to make the cone look a bit more edible and then cut the cherry off and replaced it with the cherries cut from HK (@ 2"-black out layers and silhouette). I cut the sentiment at 2" and again cut the cherry layers in both the red and green and pieced them together. Paper is DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl.
Now for the fun part! I put a brad up by the cherry stem so that the top layer would swing away from the shadow and on the ice cream shadow layer I stamped an older SU sentiment and cut another cherry silhouette and put that above the sentiment. Hope you like it...it's about 100 degrees here so maybe some ice cream would be good. Be sure to visit the Polka Doodle site HERE and join in the fun.

20 comments:

  1. Hello Kris!

    Thanks for joining us again at Polka Doodles!! This card is GREAT!!! So fresh and yummy!!!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By golly Kris, this is a stunner. What a great use of the cricut and cuttlebug. Love it. Thanks for joining in over at polkadoodles this week.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kris ... looks good enough to eat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Sharon says...CA-ute...! This is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!!!!! You totally nailed this challenge. I love it. Creative as anything I've seen in a while.

    eileen xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love the sentiment under the icecreatmmmgreat card...and the strawberry below is wow... I just adore it... you make me want to use my hello kitty cart for sure!!
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, could just eat your ice cream right now and the cornet looks so real. Brilliant. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kris this is so cute and clever, love it , Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG ! ! ! This is fab and your card looks positively edible. Many thanks for joining in with us at Polka Doodles & look forward to seeing your future projects (unsubtle hint!)

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! A LOT of thought went into this one. It is so bright and CHERRY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you pulled it out the bag, this is awesome!! go girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this Kris! So fun with the hidden message and I love the LL sentiment and paper you used. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When it comes to the cricut and paper..you rock girl!!!! Love it especially the "fun" part...

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this, such a clever idea, great card

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kris,
    CONGRATULATIONS on winning.
    luv
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kris,

    Yeah You!!!!! Congratulations. It most certainly is a well deserved win.

    hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the play on words Kris well doneon winning this week challenge
    x Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very clever and cute. Just had a chance to see it tonight. I love those cherries from HK...

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.