Friday, April 9, 2010

Polkadoodles Challenge

Happy Friday everyone! Kerry is hosting the challenge this week and I was very excited that she chose for us to make a wedding card. She has a niece getting married today and I have a niece getting married next Saturday.

For this I used background papers and pieces of toppers from the Love & Cherish CD - the Moonlight collection. There is nothing quite so elegant or striking as black with silver and white. I added some die cut hearts (Nesties) and an embossed sentiment (Sizzix) along with a silver ribbon...rather quick and easy. If you want to play along just follow the link to the Polkadoodle Challenge blog over at the right side. We'd love to see your creations. Also note that Nikky has added some fabulous new fairy stamps to the Polkadoodle store - you're gonna wanna get your mitts on these!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kris...I didn't think that Sizzix embossing folder was something that I wanted but now it is on my must have list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kris. I have a wedding in June and I may just have to scraplift this one! Love that embossing folder. hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I really like these colors for wedding cards. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just gorgeous. I love every single detail.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kris this is sooo elegant! Love the papers, will have to investigate the CD. Let me tell you I'm not the happy little camper without my vino but I've got to get back into my shorts without scaring everyone. LOL Have a great weekend. (Mine will only be so so without "Happy Hour!" xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this..came out great

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant, Kris! I've got a bunch of weddings coming up and my brain has been void of ideas. The inspiration is flowing again. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohoo I do love your hearts, another 'thing' for my wish list I think! The embossed sentiment looks fabulous too, something I don't think I've tried yet.

    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Kris i love the monochrome look of this elegant card and love how you've used the sizzix embossing folder. Wonderful work!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.