Saturday, April 3, 2010

What's the BUZZ about?

Well, in two weeks we have two very important things happening in our family. This is for one them - my SIL's 50th birthday. She is the last in our family to make that big turn so I thought a special card was in order.

My brother is a CPA and is working crazy hours right now and it's a good thing my SIL's birthday is two days AFTER the tax deadline or I'm sure it would be just her and the kids-LOL! And since it's right in the middle of spring, I decided on that for my theme. I used my Cricut and cut the grass and flower stems from Straight From the Nest, the cupcake "flowers" are from Stamping Solutions, the bees from Sentimentals, and the flowers from George/Basic Shapes. I computer-generated the sentiments and added a bunch of Stickles and Glossy Accents to the cupcakes. I believe the background paper is DCWV (but can't be sure as it was laying loose on the shelf!). The inside says "It's only 50!". Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you have/had a wonderful Easter.

8 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake flowers, Kris! I am tempted to buy Sentimentals just for that bee. Having just turned 50 myself on Wednesday, the key word truly is "only"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute.... so so cute. And you did your usual sharing of many cartridges.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this kris, so cute the little bees flyig around!! happy easter hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I bet she will love that card, the colors are divine. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waht a cute and creative card, Kris! (I feel a scraplift in my future. LOL) Love the cupcakes on the flower stems and that bee is sooo gorgeous! xxD Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris this is just adorable. I can't wait to see your wedding card.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. I love how you made the cupcakes into flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG cupcake flowers i love them! and those bees are absolutely gorgeous! Love this card Kris but then I love all yourcards!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.