Friday, January 31, 2014

HOPE

YAY!, it's Friday.  Lots to do the next few days.  My husband's birthday is on Saturday and we're having a few friends over to celebrate so it's goin' to be kind of busy.

I did want to keep my streak of playing with Unity's FWF in 2014 alive (OK it's only been 5 weeks, but that's pretty good for me).  I'm going to credit this card to my Dad.  He often asks me if I have a card for such-and-such occasion in my stash.  Well, he asked me last week if I had an "I'm sorry" card.  I asked if he meant sympathy and [of course he looked at me like I was from outer space] and said "no dear, no one died".  Well I did not have a card for this in my stash.  The more I thought about it though, I decided I should.  So, here is my effort.

Stamps from Unity Stamp Company
Wit & Wisdom-Hope Builds Courage
Card Sentiments-My Thoughts Are With You

























Off to clean some more.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Last, but not least...GO BRONCOS!

15 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Kris!! And your dad sounds so sweet. Love the tag and your gorgeous stamping. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! You did a great job on it! Have a great birthday party for DH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that stamp was MADE for a tag! great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I love having cards like this in my stash. An encouraging word goes a long way when someone is feeling down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is perfect to cheer someone up. Very pretty stamping and design Kris. Happy Superbowl weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - I need that stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card. I love the colors I have to add this to my list of Unity must have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 weeks and going strong! This is a great card, Kris!! Happy birthday to hubby and congratulations to you for keeping your FwF streak alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, kris. sympathy cards are always good to have on hand! happy birthday to your dear hubby! have fun watching the wildcats and some foooootbaaalll!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I hope the birthday party is fun!

    Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dad sounds like a sweetie. I love your creation, and that was a great use of a tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the story of your dad. Nicely done on your card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you have dropped by. Each and every comment means a lot to me.